The CORE nanoindentation system is a dedicated nanoindenter which uses electromagnetic force application and capacitive depth measurement to measure the elastic and plastic properties of materials on the nanometre scale.
The CORE nanoindentation system combines a wide force range (1 µN – 500 mN) with excellent resolution and high thermal stability to accurately measure mechanical properties and produce detailed property maps across surface and depth-profiles.
The CORE Nanoindentation system is compliant with all international standards for nanoindentation (ISO14577 and ASTM E-2546).
- Test over a wide load range – 10 µN – 500 mN
- Test properties as a function of depth
- Test “coating-only” properties with ISO compliant methods
- Grid mapping of properties across surfaces
- Accurate positioning of indentations
- High stability for longer duration tests such as creep measurements